Tambores de guerra III

Estado
No está abierto para más respuestas.

Fumador

Madmaxista
Desde
10 May 2009
Mogadiscio hoy:

Al Shabaab se esta extendiendo por el norte y el centro del pais ocupando ciudades importantes como Wajid sur,donde se han incautado de un almacen de comida de la ONU.Ya han sido vistas destacamentos de esa milicia cerca de la frontera de Kenia.

Parece que nada ni nadie puede contenerla...

En la capital los bombardeos sobre el Aeropuerto por parte de la milicia no se han detenido en las ultimas 48 horas.Hubo muchas victimas.Se teme un ataque final en cualquier momento.

El Presidente Sharif continua en el Palacio Presidencial en el centro de la ciudad.Se dice que tuvo que trasladar el puesto de mando a los sotanos del edificio.

Samzer

Madmaxista
Desde
7 Ago 2008
Nuclear terrorism is most urgent threat

The story of how I became a national figure in the media is widely known, but few people know what I actually did for the CIA.

I was a covert operations officer specializing in nuclear counter proliferation -- essentially, making sure the bad guys didn't get the bomb.

My job was to create and run operations that sought to peer into the procurement networks and acquisition chains of rogue nations. It was intense, tactical, creative and demanding. I believed that there was no more important work to be done.

I resigned from the CIA in 2006 because it was no longer possible to do the covert work for which I was highly trained and which I loved. This happened because in 2003, my covert identity was revealed in retaliation against my husband, Ambassador Joe Wilson, who wrote an op-ed piece in which he accused the White House of distorting the intelligence that was used to draw us into the Iraq war.

But I did not lose my belief that the danger of nuclear terrorism was the most urgent threat we face. Nor did I lose my passion for working, albeit in a new way, to address that threat. I am working on this issue now as part of the international Global Zero movement, in which political, military and faith leaders, experts and activists strive for the worldwide elimination of all nuclear weapons.

We know that terrorist groups have been trying to buy, build or steal a bomb.

In the past two decades, there have been at least 25 instances of nuclear explosive materials being lost or stolen. There is enough highly enriched uranium, or HEU, in the world today to build more than 100,000 bombs.

Terrorists looking to buy or steal HEU could look to the approximately 40 countries with nuclear weapons materials. And then there are rogue individuals out there who are running black markets selling nuclear materials and technology.

Pakistan's Dr. A. Q. Khan did it for years before my group at the CIA brought him down in December 2003 after catching him red-handed selling a full-scale nuclear bomb to Moammar Gadhafi's regime in Libya.

If terrorists manage to get their hands on enough HEU, they could smuggle it into a target city, build a bomb and explode it. A hundred pounds of highly enriched uranium could fit in a shoebox, and 100,000 shipping containers come into the United States every day.

The nuclear threat is not limited to terrorism.

There are also the dangers of proliferation and accidental or unauthorized nuclear launch. Today, nine countries have more than 23,000 nuclear weapons, and the U.S. and Russia still maintain thousands of nuclear weapons on hair-trigger alert, poised for launch within a few minutes.

The only way to eliminate the danger that nuclear weapons will be used by countries in conflict, by accident or by terrorists is to lock down all nuclear materials and eliminate all nuclear weapons in all countries: global zero.

Today we have a real opportunity to set the course to global zero. U.S. President Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, whose countries have 22,000 nuclear weapons or 96 percent of the world's stockpile, are signing an agreement to reduce their strategic nuclear arsenals by a third each. This is the most significant arms reduction treaty in two decades and a crucial first step.

Next week, Obama is hosting the leaders of 48 countries at a summit in Washington to address the global nuclear threat and initiate programs to secure all nuclear materials worldwide. With the U.S. and Russia leading the way, 2010 could mark the beginning of the end of nuclear weapons.

But achieving global zero will take years, a realistic plan of action and tremendous amounts of political will. In February, leaders of the Global Zero movement met in Paris, France, and outlined a step-by-step plan to eliminate all remaining nuclear weapons.

The plan, backed by hundreds of former heads-of-state, foreign ministers, national security advisers and military commanders, calls in its first phase for the U.S. and Russia to cut their arsenals to 1,000 total warheads each. All other countries with nuclear weapons would freeze their arsenals, and the international community would conduct an all-out global effort to block the further spread of nuclear weapons and to secure all nuclear materials.

Locking down nuclear bomb-making materials involves building secure facilities for storage, accounting for all stockpiles, guarding materials in transit (transportation being the most vulnerable to terrorist attack and seizure), regulating exports, interdicting smuggling operations, ending production of new bomb materials and ultimately eliminating existing stockpiles.

These steps would be amowed by the first multilateral negotiations in history for reductions by all nuclear weapons countries.

I'm proud to be working with the Global Zero movement and its team of world leaders and grass-roots organizers, presidents and college kids. I want to do everything I can to raise public and political support for the elimination of nuclear weapons.

And that is why I said yes when Lawrence Bender, producer of "An Inconvenient Truth," "Good Will Hunting" and "Inglorious Basterds," asked me to be in an extraordinary and chilling documentary film, "Countdown to Zero," which premiered in January at the Sundance Film Festival to critical acclaim and will be released in U.S. theaters in July.

The film will be a stunning wake-up call to citizens and our political leaders about the urgent threats posed by nuclear weapons, including proliferation, nuclear terrorism and accidental nuclear launch. It will build awareness and support for the Global Zero movement to eliminate nuclear weapons.

Based on my experience in the field, I believe that if governments don't act now to begin eliminating all remaining nuclear weapons, we will witness in our lifetime the use of the bomb by a country or terrorist group.

To get governments to act, everyone needs to get involved, to make their voices heard, to bring this issue to the top of the political agenda, to everyone's kitchen table and to the front pages of every blog and every newspaper.

There is still time to change direction and set our course to global zero, but the clock is ticking. To learn more about the issue and get involved in the growing movement, go to globalzero.org and sign the declaration.

Nuclear terrorism is most urgent threat - CNN.com

Fumador

Madmaxista
Desde
10 May 2009
Mogadiscio hoy:

La bandera de Somalia en el Palacio Presidencial se encuentra a media asta por duelo por la muerte del gobierno Polaco en accidente de aviación.

Samzer

Madmaxista
Desde
7 Ago 2008
Al Jazeera English - Asia-Pacific - Bloodiest Thai clashes in 18 years

The death toll from Thailand's worst political violence in nearly two decades has risen to 18.

More than 800 people were also wounded in clashes between anti-government protesters known as the "red shirts", and security forces.

The figures, given on Sunday by the Erawan Medical Centre, rose overnight although the fighting, some of it in Bangkok's well-known tourist areas, had ended after the security forces pulled back late on Saturday and urged the red shirts to do the same.

Both sides have said they are trying to confirm the exact number of casualties from the street battle but the dead were comprised of soldiers and civilians, including Hiro Muramoto, a 43-year-old Japanese cameraman for the Reuters news agency who was covering the protests.

Al Jazeera's Wayne Hay, reporting from in front of one of the red shirts' encampments in the capital, said it was quiet on Sunday morning and so far there was no word on what either side would do amowing Saturday's deadly clashes.

Not many troops were on the streets and some of the protesters were either sleeping or reflecting on the previous day's violence, he added.

Fight to continue

But Sean Boonpracong, a spokesman for the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship, which is leading the protests, said the red shirts' "morale is strong" and they would continue their fight to bring the government down.

"We are evaluating the situation and trying to organise a counterattack," he told Al Jazeera.

He said protesters were "ready for negotiations if the government offers us something" but also said it was true that they were looking to "finish off" Abhisit Vejjajiva, the prime minister, on Sunday.

"What he [Abhisit] did yesterday was unacceptable. He claims that he wants to handle this in peace but clearly what the army did was fire live bullets … what the prime minister said about the peaceful handing of the reds is simply not true," Boonpracong said.

The spokesman added that the protesters' original demands – that Abhisit resign and dissolve parliament in 15 days – had changed to "dissolution immediately and Abhisit must leave the country".

PM defiant

But Abhisit, who has been holed up at an army barracks, said late on Saturday that he would not bow to his opponents' demands.

"I and my government will continue to work to resolve the situation," he said in a televised address to the nation.

Abhisit expressed regret to the families of the victims and said the army was only allowed to use live bullets when "firing into the air and in self-defence".

Panitan Wattanayagorn, a spokesman for the government, denied that soldiers were ordered to fire on the protesters.

"We believe the soldiers operated under the fixed orders of the government not to use live bullets, not to use weapons against the people," he told Al Jazeera.

"We are confident that the soldiers did not harm the people on the streets. Rather they have just riot-control gear and the tools to control the crowd.

"We are now asking for the investigation to begin ... we would like to find the persons responsible for firing the live bullets ... into the crowd," he said, noting that "a lot" of soldiers had been injured and killed.

Urging demonstrators to amow the "rule of law", he said: "We are confident that the security officers will be able to stabilise the situation."

Soldiers held

The government spokesman added that he believed soldiers – 28 according to other government officials - were "being held against their will" by the red shirts.

Boonpracong, the red shirts spokesman, would say only that five soldiers had been "softly detained without any type of cell structures".

"I talked to them … they are at heart, red," he said, adding that one of the soldier's even wore a red shirt, but said they had to do their duty. "We felt sorry for them," Boonpracong said.

The red shirt spokesman's comments highlight questions about the military and police force's loyalty, since many of them come from the rural areas of Thailand, some of the same places that are strongholds of the red shirts.

But on Saturday, Thai troops heeded orders to move in on protesters to clear them from several areas in capital by nightfall.

The move set off hours of violent street fighting, with the military confronting protesters with rubber-coated bullets, live rounds and tear gas while the red shirts fought with guns, grenades and petrol bombs near the Phan Fah bridge and Rajdumnoen road in Bangkok's old quarter, a base for the red shirts' month-old protest.

Both times the government forces failed to clear the area and an afternoon offensive ended in a tense standoff with many people wounded.

War zone

As night fell, troops opened fire again with rubber bullets about 500m away at an intersection leading to the popular tourist area, Khao San road.

Shop and car windows on Khao San Road were shattered as many people lay wounded on the street.

After hours of violence on Saturday, Sansern Kaewkamnerd, an army spokesman, announced troops were withdrawing from the area.

"If this continues, if the army responds to the red shirts, violence will expand," he said.

A red shirt leader later called on supporters to pull back as well.

Saturday's violence was the worst in Bangkok since four dozen people were killed in a 1992 anti-military protest and Washington has urged both sides to show restraint.

"We deplore this outbreak of political violence in Thailand, our long-term friend and ally, and urge good faith negotiations by the parties to resolve outstanding issues through peaceful means," Mike Hammer, a White House spokesman, said.

The Thai government said it had appointed a senior prime ministerial aide to make contact with red shirt leaders to try to find a way to halt the confrontations.

Tens of thousands of red shirts remain in Bangkok's main shopping district, a stretch of upscale department stores and five-star hotels that has been held for a week by the mostly rural and working-class protesters who say they have been marginalised in a country with one of Asia's widest rich-poor gap.

The "red shirts" have shown they have support among Bangkok's poor but have angered the middle classes, many of whom regard them as misguided slaves to Thaksin Shinawatra, the former prime minister ousted from power in a 2006 military coup, who is in exile to avoid a jail term for corruption.

The red shirts say Abhisit lacks a popular mandate after coming to power in a 2008 parliamentary vote amowing a court ruling that dissolved a pro-Thaksin ruling party.

They want immediate elections that Thaksin's allies believe they are well placed to win.

ERB

Madmaxista
Desde
15 Oct 2009
Pentágono: Irán carece todavía de capacidad nuclear militar

France Press
11/04/2010

Irán no tiene todavía la capacidad de crear un arma atómica y su programa nuclear militar avanza más lentamente que lo previsto, estimó el domingo el secretario de Defensa estadounidense, Robert Gates.

"Nuestro juicio es que no tienen la capacidad nuclear (...) Todavía no", dijo Gates durante una entrevista con la cadena NBC.

Teherán "sigue progresando" en ese sentido, pero "va más lento que lo que ellos imaginaban", agregó.

Pentágono: Irán carece todavía de capacidad nuclear militar - 11/04/10 - 2048951 - elEconomista.es

ERB

Madmaxista
Desde
15 Oct 2009
Irán denuncia que Obama les ha amenazado con un ataque nuclear

TEHERÁN, 11 (Reuters/EP) El Gobierno iraní anunció este domingo que denunciará ante Naciones Unidas al presidente estadounidense, Barack Obama, tras detectar una amenaza implícita contra la República Islámica cuando el mandatario declaró que tanto Irán como Corea del Norte podrían verse excluidas en los límites sobre uso de armas nucleares que él mismo anunció el pasado lunes.

Por primera vez, Estados Unidos se comprometerá de forma explícita a no utilizar armas atómicas contra aquellos países que hayan suscrito el Tratado de No Proliferación (TNP), incluso si alguna de estas naciones realiza un ataque con armas biológicas o químicas contra Estados Unidos. No obstante, Obama aseguró que se realizará una excepción con Irán y Corea del Norte porque son países que han violado o renunciado al TNP.

En respuesta, el líder supremo de la Revolución Iraní, gran Ayatolá Alí Jamenei ha entendido que "esta reciente declaración del presidente estadounidense intimida explícitamente a Irán con el despliegue de armas nucleares".

Jamenei consideró que esta declaración de Obama "es muy extraña y el mundo no debería ignorarla, ya que el jefe de Estado de un país está amenazando con librar una guerra nuclear en el siglo XXI, la era del respeto a los Derechos Humanos y la lucha contra el terrorismo".

A tal efecto, el portavoz del Ministerio de Exteriores iraní, Ramin Mehmanparast anunció su intención de denunciar formalmente a Obama ante Naciones Unidas llegado el caso, una decisión que ha contado con el respaldo de 255 de los 290 miembros del Parlamento iraní.

Irán denuncia que Obama les ha amenazado con un ataque nuclear - Yahoo! Noticias

ERB

Madmaxista
Desde
15 Oct 2009
Israel podrá deportar a miles de palestinos de Cisjordania

MADRID, 11 Abr. (EUROPA PRESS) -

Una nueva orden militar que va a emitir Israel cuyo objetivo es impedir la infiltración de personas que puedan dañar la seguridad nacional y que entrará en vigor esta semana, en la práctica permitirá la deportación de miles de palestinos de Cisjordania o también podrán ser acusados de cargos que conllevan penas de guandoca de hasta siete años.

La nueva orden define a cualquiera que entre en Cisjordania de manera ilegal como un infiltrado como "una persona que está presente en la zona y no tiene un permiso legal". La orden lleva la definición original de infiltrado, que data de 1969, hasta el extremo, mientras el término se aplicaba originalmente sólo a aquellos que permanecían en Israel después de haber pasado a través de países entonces clasificados como estados enemigos, como Jordania, Egipto, Líbano y Siria.

Así, cuando esta orden entre en vigor, decenas de miles de palestinos se convertirán automáticamente en delincuentes y podrán recibir diferentes castigos. Dadas las medidas de seguridad de la última década, es probable que los primeros palestinos que se vean afectados por esta medida sean aquellos cuyas tarjetas de identificación tengan direcciones en la Franja de Gaza --los que hayan nacido en Gaza y sus hijos nacidos en Cisjordania-- o aquellos que hayan nacido en Cisjordania o en el extranjero y que, por diferentes motivos, perdieron su estatus de residencia. También podrían verse afectadas aquellas mujeres de palestinos que hayan nacido en el extranjero.

Hasta ahora, los tribunales civiles de Israel han impedido de manera ocasional la expulsión de estos tres grupos de Cisjordania. La nueva orden, sin embargo, los colocará bajo la única jurisdicción de los tribunales militares, informa el diario israelí 'Haaretz'.

El lenguaje de la orden es general y ambiguo, estipulando que el término infiltrado también se aplicará a los residentes palestinos de Jerusalén, a los ciudadanos de los países con los que Israel mantiene vínculos de amistad y a los ciudadanos israelíes. Todo esto depende de la decisión de los comandantes israelíes en el terreno.

Se espera que uno de los grupos que resulte más dañado por estas nuevas medidas son los palestinos que se trasladaron a Cisjordania en virtud de la reunificación familiar. En 2007, como gesto de buena voluntad al presidente de la Autoridad Palestina (AP), Mahmud Abbas, decenas de miles de personas recibieron tarjetas de residencia palestina. La AP distribuyó las tarjetas, pero Israel tenía control exclusivo sobre quién podría recibirlas. Sin embargo, miles de palestinos permanecen clasificados como "residentes ilegales", incluidos aquellos que no son ciudadanos de ningún otro país.

La oficina del portavoz del Ejército indicó que "las enmiendas a la orden para impedir la infiltración, firmadas por el mando central, fueron publicadas como parte de una serie de manifiestos, órdenes y nombramientos en Cisjordania, tanto en hebreo como en árabe tal y como se requiere y se publicarán en las oficinas de la administración civil". "El Ejército está preparado para implementar esta orden, que no pretende aplicarse a los israelíes sino a los residentes ilegales de Cisjordania", afirmó esta oficina.

Israel podrá deportar a miles de palestinos de Cisjordania. europapress.es

HECTOR

Madmaxista
Desde
27 Jul 2008
jorobaR QUÉ SUSTO !! :eek:

Pensé que ibas a decir que estaba a media asta tras ser oficial que El Pocero iba a hacer allí VPOs-Animosas
Si acabara la guerra habria mucho trabajo para la reconstruccion de mogadicio despues de cerca de veinte años de lucha,pero la verdad es que no tendrian como pagarlo .:´(

El parlamento.

HECTOR

Madmaxista
Desde
27 Jul 2008
Irán denuncia que Obama les ha amenazado con un ataque nuclear

TEHERÁN, 11 (Reuters/EP) El Gobierno iraní anunció este domingo que denunciará ante Naciones Unidas al presidente estadounidense, Barack Obama, tras detectar una amenaza implícita contra la República Islámica cuando el mandatario declaró que tanto Irán como Corea del Norte podrían verse excluidas en los límites sobre uso de armas nucleares que él mismo anunció el pasado lunes.

Por primera vez, Estados Unidos se comprometerá de forma explícita a no utilizar armas atómicas contra aquellos países que hayan suscrito el Tratado de No Proliferación (TNP), incluso si alguna de estas naciones realiza un ataque con armas biológicas o químicas contra Estados Unidos. No obstante, Obama aseguró que se realizará una excepción con Irán y Corea del Norte porque son países que han violado o renunciado al TNP.

En respuesta, el líder supremo de la Revolución Iraní, gran Ayatolá Alí Jamenei ha entendido que "esta reciente declaración del presidente estadounidense intimida explícitamente a Irán con el despliegue de armas nucleares".

Jamenei consideró que esta declaración de Obama "es muy extraña y el mundo no debería ignorarla, ya que el jefe de Estado de un país está amenazando con librar una guerra nuclear en el siglo XXI, la era del respeto a los Derechos Humanos y la lucha contra el terrorismo".

A tal efecto, el portavoz del Ministerio de Exteriores iraní, Ramin Mehmanparast anunció su intención de denunciar formalmente a Obama ante Naciones Unidas llegado el caso, una decisión que ha contado con el respaldo de 255 de los 290 miembros del Parlamento iraní.

Irán denuncia que Obama les ha amenazado con un ataque nuclear - Yahoo! Noticias
Es gravisimo.

inmi_soy

Madmaxista
Desde
26 Dic 2009

Una nueva orden militar que va a emitir Israel cuyo objetivo es impedir la infiltración de personas que puedan dañar la seguridad nacional y que entrará en vigor esta semana, en la práctica permitirá la deportación de miles de palestinos de Cisjordania o también podrán ser acusados de cargos que conllevan penas de guandoca de hasta siete años.

Porque andaban armados hasta los dientes y mejor no dejarlos pasar.

Aqui las armas :

Estado
No está abierto para más respuestas.