⚡⚡(HILO OFICIAL) : CRISIS DEL cobi19 ☣SARS-CoV2☣ (II)

Comentarios sobre el tema estado de las ucis y si están medicados o no

De este hilo

The number is a bit different at my hospital. Currently we have:

• 98 patients (40% fully vaccinated, 60% not fully vaccinated)
• 17 vented pts (18% fully vaccinated, 82% not fully vaccinated)

They haven’t given us info on how much of the “fully vaccinated” are boosted, which is annoying.

Typically during the delta wave, no vaccinated people were on vents, so seeing 3 vaccinated on vents is quite a shift.

Just to be clear, I’m pro-vaccine. I’ve been boosted, and I’ve vaccinated my kindergarten-aged son. Omicron is just showing us that herd immunity is not the silver bullet out of this thing thanks to mutations … unless if omicron is the last variant (fingers crosssed).

—————

Anecdotal experience here: I work ICU at a large academic hospital so we see massive volumes of patients. Prior to omicron, we very rarely saw anyone vaccinated be admitted to our ICU for el bichito (like 1 patient in 6 months, and our average daily census is 50+ patients).

With omicron, we are now seeing people with their vaccines and boosters admitted to ICU (typically with cancer or immunocompromised in some manner), they look very similar to the unvaccinated, go downhill very quickly, but most of them make it off the ventilator. They just need us to support their heart and lungs while the body fights off the bichito. In contrast, I have not seen any unvaccinated patients make it off the vent. Some are able to get a tracheostomy and go to a vent facility where they will likely live out the rest of their lives bedbound.

So yes, vaccinated people do seem to be getting seriously ill with omicron, however in my experience it seems like their outcomes by and large are still better than being unvaccinated, which is reassuring.

En español, norma del foro, una cosa es poner un twit y otra un tocho.
sin acritud

Solo los usuarios registrados pueden ver el contenido de este tema, mientras tanto puedes ver el primer y el último mensaje de cada página.

Regístrate gratuitamente aquí para poder ver los mensajes y participar en el foro. No utilizaremos tu email para fines comerciales.

Únete al mayor foro de economía de España

Lastima, que en paz descanse, yo acostumbro a ser educado, se ve que esas cosas se han perdido.
Educado mientras respaldas a todo bicho viviente que nos llama asesinos, que habla de que hay que forzarnos a pincharnos a nosotros y a nuestras familias...no dejarnos vivir...arruinarnos la existencia.

Se que teneis miedo, y buscais alivio en el grupo para reafirmaros...pero tu mama no te enseño que maleducadas son las palabras...pero tambien las actitudes y las acciones???

Maleducado en vosotros...es como decir bromista en Biligates...

Si...POR LOS narices.

Volver