Wordpress aceptará Bitcoin como forma de pago

tuxedo

Madmaxista
Desde
1 Jul 2012
WordPress enciende la mecha de Bitcoin | Bitcoin en Español
El reciente anuncio de WordPress, la compañía líder en servicios de publicación en línea, es demasiado grande para la blogósfera: debería ser cantado por los máximos poetas en todos los idiomas; debería ser festejado por todos y cada uno de los partidarios de la libertad que se precien de tales; debería ser celebrado en mil fiestas interminables en todas partes del mundo – y lo sería, si los miles de millones de personas marginadas por el sistema financiero que nos legó Bretton Woods entendieran su significado.

A juzgar por las palabras de Andy Skelton – quien redactó el anuncio –, la decisión de empezar a aceptar bitcoins ha sido tomada por muy buenas razones.

Si bien aquí [en WordPress.com] cualquier persona puede empezar un blog de manera gratuita, no todos pueden acceder a nuestros servicios de mejoras debido a los límites impuestos por las redes de pago tradicionales.

Pero eso está a punto de cambiar: ahora se pueden adquirir los productos de WordPress.com con bitcoins.

PayPal, por ejemplo, bloquea el acceso desde más de 60 países, y muchas compañías de tarjetas de crédito tienen políticas similares. Cualquiera sea la razón, no creemos que un blogger de Haití, Etiopía o Kenia deba tener menos acceso a la blogósfera por cuestiones que escapan totalmente a su control.

A diferencia de PayPal y las tarjetas de crédito, Bitcoin no tiene autoridad central ni manera de dejar a países enteros fuera de la red. El comerciante que acepta pagos por medio de Bitcoin puede hacer negocios con quienquiera, esté donde esté él o su contraparte.
Noticia de Wordpress en Inglés
Pay Another Way:*Bitcoin — Blog — WordPress.com
At WordPress.com, our mission is making publishing democratic — accessible and easy for anyone, anywhere. And while anyone can start a free blog here, not everyone can access upgrades (like going ad-free or enabling custom design) because of limits on traditional payment networks.

Today, that changes: you can now buy WordPress.com upgrades with bitcoins.

PayPal alone blocks access from over 60 countries, and many credit card companies have similar restrictions. Some are blocked for political reasons, some because of higher fraud rates, and some for other financial reasons. Whatever the reason, we don’t think an individual blogger from Haiti, Ethiopia, or Kenya should have diminished access to the blogosphere because of payment issues they can’t control. Our goal is to enable people, not block them.

Bitcoin is a digital currency that enables instant payments over the internet. Unlike credit cards and PayPal, Bitcoin has no central authority and no way to lock entire countries out of the network. Merchants who accept Bitcoin payments can do business with anyone.

If you’re already using Bitcoin you’ll find this payment method even easier than paying by credit card. Our store’s checkout area has a Bitcoin section that shows the amount due in BTC and the address of a wallet created just for your transaction. As soon as we receive notification of the transaction, your purchase is complete. It typically processes in a few seconds, less time than it takes to fill in a credit card form.

If you’re new to Bitcoin you’ll need to get your hands on some bitcoins (BTC) first, which is currently the hardest part of using Bitcoin. Learn more on getting started with BTC at We Use Coins, and check out the answers to some common questions at the end of this post.

With Bitcoin we join a new digital economy that doesn’t leave anyone behind, essentially making financial transactions open source — something WordPress.com is behind 100%. We’re proud to support bloggers from all over the world by providing a Bitcoin option.
Common Questions

How does Bitcoin work? How do I get started? Where can I get BTC?

We won’t cover these details here. Good documentation already exists at We Use Coins along with links to places where you can get BTC.

How do you handle BTC? Are you participating in the bitcoin network? Mining?

We aren’t mining or handling BTC at all, actually. Our payment processing partner for Bitcoin is BitPay.com. They track the exchange rates, generate the quotes and the wallets, receive your BTC and finally send us USD.

How many times is the transaction confirmed before I get my upgrade?

Zero! We could wait for the first confirmation (typically 5-10 minutes) but we prefer to make the customer experience as smooth as possible. Making you wait for confirmations would virtually eliminate our risk but we’re confident that with digital products like ours the risk is already acceptably low.

Sometimes Bitcoin isn’t an option in your store. What gives?

Affected products include domains and themes when not purchased in bundles, and any purchases made while you have credits already on account. We’re sorry! There are some technical complications. We decided to go now with what we have because, as we said at the beginning, this launch is about enabling people. Bitcoin should be accepted for all purchases within two or three months.

What about refunds?

Bitcoin is famous for its irreversible transactions but we will still honor our refund policy. If a refund is granted on a purchase made with BTC we will work with BitPay to issue a refund in BTC.
---
Será cuestión de probarlo que les den a Paypal. :D

Última edición:

tuxedo

Madmaxista
Desde
1 Jul 2012
Parece que REDDIT se lo está pensando tambien :D

Reddit Considering Bitcoin for Subs_cription Model Says CEO Wong

http://siliconangle.com/blog/2012/1...itcoin-for-subs_cription-model-says-ceo-wong/

Amidst the various markets that Bitcoin could have a lot of bite, online services are still the best bet and the highly democratized social forum of Reddit might just become one of them, according to news from a discussion thread there. As the site might be insanely popular with almost 3.8 billion pageviews in October, it’s still not quite profitable—the site enables subs_criptionss (Reddit Gold) and alternative advertisements forwarded by and vetted by the users themselves—and as a result, they’re slowly lurching towards needing traditional advertising.

In order to bring in more revenue, Reddit is seeking alternative sources of funding and more than a little agitation is leaking into the community from r/bitcoin. We’ve seen numerous times in my previous articles on the subject that Bitcoin has more than enough Internet popularity and interest from numerous financial groups to be used as an actual exchange currency.

Reddit CEO Yishan Wong himself appeared in a thread on Reddit speaking to the likelihood that the site might start accepting the cryptocurrency:

Yeah, I’ve been a longtime subscriber to /r/bitcoin and had done a lot of investigation into BTC quite a bit about a year ago before I took the reddit job (on my own, as a subject of interest).

So – no promises, but we’re looking into it.

Right now, Bitcoin has been around long enough that as a technology it’s becoming quite mature. As a business model, however, it’s still foundering even with individuals bringing its use to various national outfits and forwarding it into different markets. Inside the community, Bitcoin works fairly well (aside from its prominent failures); but outside the community its barely known and largely regarded as a fringe fad.

The formation of the Bitcoin Foundation and other PR elements have been attempted to bring attention for the cryptocurrency to the market, but there’s still a lot of other hurdles to overcome. Several of those happen to be escaping from the darknet-only aesthetic that’s been painted on the currency by its niche status—this is exactly what’s attracted the attention of national watchdog groups and the FBI towards its use as a good tool for criminal organizations. This attention isn’t bad per se because it shows that Bitcoin works for its intended ********, but it doesn’t make it attractive to popular adoption.

The addition of Reddit accepting Bitcoin for sub******ions, however, will go a very long way for making it obvious that it works as an exchange medium. For a while the EFF even accepted Bitcoins for donation—although they eventually stop accepting the currency citing legal and political reasons for distancing themselves.

Having Reddit take up that mantle will give not just further legitimacy to the using the cryptocurrency, but it will provide added stability to the largely speculative market that the currency exists in. The best way to stabilize the market will be to have numerous vendors begin accepting bitcoins for exchange, but one at a time will not hurt.

In fact, already numerous Redditors have sounded off in the comments that they’ll pledge bitcoins for sub******ions should the site start accepting them. “I will buy 125 reddit gold sub******ion in bitcoin and donate them to /r/Bitcoin users if and only if Reddit decide to accept bitcoin for every transaction you can make on the site for at least two (2) years,” says FractalGlitch; and “I will buy one with Bitcoin as well if it’s an option. I’ve already profited enough from Bitcoin speculation, and have been saving my remaining coins for actual commerce, exchanging them for goods and services. This would be a perfect opportunity to do so,” says RichochetOtter.

As a result, changes are good there will be a huge glut of Bitcoin use as soon as it becomes available.

Última edición:

euriborfree

echo $titulo;
Desde
27 Ago 2007
Lugar
Wasteland
¿y como anda la convertibilidad del bitcoin por otras monedas que a su vez sean facilmente canjeables por comida o ropa?

porque por ahora me suena a intercambio de cromos

tuxedo

Madmaxista
Desde
1 Jul 2012