Empresaurios españoles por el mundo: Edimburgo

Apolodoro

Cincinnātus requīritur
Desde
10 Jun 2008
Lugar
ὀχλοκρατία
Oferta de empleo: 5.460 horas, 6 meses, de trabajo no remunerado

Empresaria española radicada en Edimburgo busca seis becarios, a jornada completa, durante seis meses, sin remunerar.

Serrano, dueña del negocio, contestó de la siguiente guisa a un correo electrónico que le enviaron, en el que le preguntaban por qué esperaba que trabajaran para ella gratis et amore: "Especifiqué deliberadamente como puesto no remunerado para desincentivar a los mediocres (como tú). No llegarás lejos con tu actual mentalidad" [la de pretender cobrar por un trabajo realizado].

:roto2:

"Hoy día un título universitario no es indicativo de nada. Cualquiera con un C.I medio puede obtener uno".

No indica nada, dice. Destacar, a su juicio, significa trabajar gratis.

Edinburgh business advertises 5,460 hours of unpaid work

Casa Morada seeks six unpaid, full-time, six-month interns; insults applicant and university graduates in provocative emails

An Edinburgh-based interior design business has been heavily criticised this week after advertising six unpaid, six-month-long ‘work experience internships’ on the job posting website Gumtree.

Casa Morada, which is based on Causewayside in Newington, Edinburgh, posted six jobs to the website in late August.

The Student reported the job advertisements to Intern Aware – the United Kingdom national campaign for fair internships – who acknowledged their potential illegality.

Each job required approximately 35 hours work per week, and lasted for six months, meaning the business was essentially advertising 5460 hours of unpaid work.

If these jobs were paid at the national minimum wage of £6.31 for over 21-year-olds, the work would be worth more than £34,000.

The roles advertised included that of a CAD Technician, an Office Admin Assistant, and a Graphic Designer.

Eugene MacDonald, an Edinburgh-based artist, wrote to Casa Morada last week, and asked why the business expected people to work for nothing.

He received a reply from Eva Serrano, the founder of Casa Morada, which stated: “I fully expect you to proof [sic] to me that you can actually be an asset to my business before I invest seriously in you with a full time contract.”

Serrano added: “I deliberately place UNPAID intern positions precisely to sort out the mediocre (you) who will never apply, from the formidable. You will never go far with your present mindset. Rest assured of that. 150 CVs now in, from as far as London, and counting.”

In an interview with The Student, MacDonald said that although he was initially displeased at seeing Casa Morada’s adverts, he was hugely offended by the email response he received, which he called “eye wateringly rude.”

Under UK employment law, people who work set hours, do set tasks and contribute value to an organisation are ‘workers’ and are entitled to the minimum wage.

Several of the jobs posted by Casa Morada included set working hours, and all of them included set jobs, outlining tasks that the ‘work experience intern’ would be expected to fulfil.

Speaking to The Student, Jo Swinson MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Employment said: “Far too many young people have been exploited on long-term unpaid internships. Anyone who is a worker is entitled to be paid at least the minimum wage, including if they are an intern.”

Chris Hares, the Campaigner Manager at Intern Aware, echoed Swinson’s comments, saying: “What is being asked for here is simply unpaid work and it could possibly be illegal – where an intern is doing real work they’re entitled to at least the minimum wage.

“Smart employers know that unpaid internships aren’t just wrong and illegal, they’re also bad for business. Paying interns allows employers to attract the best people – and not simply the small minority who can afford to work without pay.”

In an email to The Student, Serrano defended her employment practices and rejected the suggestion that they were illegal and immoral. She said, “We don’t believe that working 35 hours per week does in any form disadvantage students from poorer backgrounds because we all have universal access to 168 hours in every week of the year.

“The question here is how badly do you want to get into the highly competitive creative industry. Some will be prepared to make the personal sacrifice of holding two jobs, one paid, one unpaid, during six months to obtain valuable and priceless experience, increasing their chances of future employability, while others simply won’t bother.”

Serrano added: “A university degree is meaningless nowadays. Any average person with moderate IQ out there can get one.

“A recent graduate on an internship is an “intern” i.e. someone with limited capacity to make a serious and immediate contribution from the start and [is] largely “clueless” as to the challenges of surviving in a competitive environment.”
Edinburgh business advertises 5,460 hours of unpaid work | The Student Newspaper

Última edición:

Apolodoro

Cincinnātus requīritur
Desde
10 Jun 2008
Lugar
ὀχλοκρατία
Parece que la noticia no la publica sólo un medio estudiantil:

Company Under Fire After Offering Six Month Unpaid Internships Totalling Nearly 5,500 Hours Of Work
Company Under Fire After Offering Six Month Unpaid Internships Totalling Nearly 5,500 Hours Of Work

Luxury interior design shop sparks outrage by demanding interns work unpaid for SIX MONTHS... but says 150 people still applied
Luxury interior design shop demands interns work without pay for SIX MONTHS | Mail Online

Under fire interior design firm 'reported to HMRC' over unpaid internships
Casa Morada Interiors Edinburgh reported to HMRC over unpaid internships | STV Edinburgh | Edinburgh

Interior designer facing backlash after posting unpaid internships..worth at least £34,000
Interior designer facing backlash after posting unpaid internships..worth at least £34,000 - Daily Record

Soy del norte

Madmaxista
Desde
29 Abr 2009
"eye wateringly rude"

¿Un empresaurio hispanistani maleducado? ¡Nunca!

M

Miembro eliminado 2827

JAJAJAJAAJAJAJAJA ... ¡¡¡ EXPORTING THE SPANISH MANAGEMENT STYLE !!!

Al norte del paralelo 41º los trabajadores se lo tienen muy creido es cuestión de tiempo que el tsunami liberalizador y flexibilizador con epicentro de hispanistán les alcance .

Este hilo es potencialmente mítico , yo mejoraría el título e incluiría la traducción del artículo al español

Última edición por un moderador:

Groundskeeper

Madmaxista
Desde
5 Oct 2010
Una foto de la hemprendedora:

Oh, y:

"Yesterday, Serrano – who lives in a £609,000 house in leafy Newington in Edinburgh – said on her company Facebook page that the “work experience internship opportunities are now fully withdrawn”."

¡¡EMIGRAD!!!

Última edición:

Soy del norte

Madmaxista
Desde
29 Abr 2009
Aquí se ve una foto de Casa Morada...

About Casa Morada

Se ve en la web que el sueldo del programador es 0 y con la pinta que tiene su negocio le van a quitar la casita, sólo es una cuestión de tiempo.

Setapéfranses

Madmaxista
Desde
1 Ene 2013
Lugar
Barna, Praga y Ahora Madrid
Dios mio que me da, que mE daaahhhh

He received a reply from Eva Serrano, the founder of Casa Morada, which stated: “I fully expect you to proof [sic] to me that you can actually be an asset to my business before I invest seriously in you with a full time contract.”

Proof= resistente a algo
Prove=Probar o dar a ver algo

Serrano added: “I deliberately place UNPAID intern positions precisely to sort out the mediocre (you) who will never apply, from the formidable. You will never go far with your present mindset. Rest assured of that. 150 CVs now in, from as far as London, and counting.”

Esta pedazo de aterrizada no sabe ni escribir correctamente el idioma del país en el que vive,.,. admas,, hace las mismas hezs que los negreros españoles...

Before i invest seriously in you??? Mande?

Yalta00

Madmaxista
Desde
9 Jun 2011
Que se venga para España otra vez, que aquí las puede publicar y tendrá colas de gente ansiosa por trabajar de gratis.

Por cierto la tía esta que debe ser una pija bastante iluso, no entiende, por lo que se ve, que trabajar de gratis no sólo implica no cobrar, si no también palmar pasta, y, depende de dónde vivas hasta 1 o 2 horas más al día en desplazamientos.

moncton

Será en Octubre
Desde
3 Sep 2007
Lugar
Perfida Albion
jejejejejejejejeejejeje

como decia el otro?

"si eres bueno, trabaja dos meses gratis y te contrataran"

pacomer

Será en Octubre
Desde
15 Ene 2007
fruta empresauria. Resume muy bien todas las "virtudes" del empresauriado hispanistaní:

Analfabeta -joer con el spanglish de la fruta mongólica-, despreciativa, egomaníaca, incompetente, inútil y caradura a nivel cósmico. Y la hija fruta sin pinta alguna de verguenza dejando a Hispanistán como un hez cocotera por detrás de turquía en el imaginario inglés. Qué claven a un pincho y la expongan como escarmiento en Trafalgar Square.

Groundskeeper

Madmaxista
Desde
5 Oct 2010
Joer, no falla se confirma, está emparentada con éste (braguetazo en la universidad):

Radaris: Looking for Rory Hammerson? International people search & UK people search records at Radaris.co.uk

que maneja SICAV's en España :8:
jorobar :ouch:

"Interests: job inquiries, expertise requests, business deals, reference requests, getting back in touch"

No, pedazo de estulto, es "job enquiries". Normal que no sepa su propio idioma - estudió en Eton.

ralea.